Monday, October 17, 2011

Die Cast Obssession

When i was young my friends used to collect stamps some used to collect coins and i used to collect car toys but i used to buy hot wheels and the first one i got was a pontiac firebird trans am it was red and had a bird decal on the hood the car was ultra cool and it started the passion for vehicles but the ride on my dad's jawa was the one that pulled me to two wheeles but i did buy lots of cars, but losing them at a faster rate and slowly i grew over it i forgot all about the Lamborgini Countach and Ferrari F-50 or the Great F- 40 in which the doors can be opened But Countach was a favourite as the doors opened upwards and small lever under the car will open the pop up headlights and i was facinated anyway now the lost fire has been reindled some time last year i saw this beautiful example of a shelby cobra
 which i bought without any hesitation and now this has become my latest obsession buying die cast models and my collection has grown to 11 cars and all are from the early fifties to the late sixtys and no new ones and i am buying in scale of 1:32 to 1:28 and not the big ones as i like all of them to be of the same size and my  latest acqusitions are so good they even have an engine on the inside and more about this in my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment